Thursday 20 November 2014

Game & Figure Photography

A lot of people already do some amazing Figure Photography, I love browsing the Figure Photography community on Google+ for example, there's some great tips and plenty of awesome photos to keep you entertained! Sadly, Video Game Photography seems a lot harder to find, There aren't any groups for it and Google only seems to find "in game" photography, (people taking in game photos and screenshots)...I was thinking perhaps it would be a good idea to start my own Game Photography Community??


It's a fun way of displaying your collection, while also focusing on the detail of one particular piece, including the game, box and manual and any other promotional items that went along with it! But above all, its just a bit of fun and a good way to introduce people to new games! You could even combine Figure and Game photography, like I did in the Zelda pic above for example!

Obviously, journalists have been doing this for a long time for magazines or articles about particular games, I kind of got the idea from those big retro game compendium books, which have shots of games for certain systems, but this style of photography has never seemed to become any more than a way of adding a picture to an article, or a sale picture on ebay! I hope people enjoy this new way of looking at games, from their own collection, and the collections of other like minded people! And begin to appreciate these games for the complete package, not just the actual game! :D

I've been taking photos of my games and figures for years, but recently I decided to set up an Instagram account to display some of my better games and figures from my collection. Most of these pics were taking on my phone (iPhone 4) so the quality wasn't great. (Some of the figure photos were taken on my dads Cannon IXUS but it sadly broke) This weekend however, I'll be getting myself a proper camera! The Sony RX100 II.


I can't wait to have a play with it and try out all the different settings, and it has wifi so I can send the pics straight to Instagram and the new Google+ group as well!

Join here! 


Thanks for reading and have fun! 












No comments:

Post a Comment